Is a new swimming pool in your family’s future? Did you ever wonder about how to choose the best steps for your inground pool? Honestly of all of the decisions you’re making during the construction phase, you may not even have given any thought to the pool steps. Your swimming pool contractors from Tipton Pool Builders will explain to you the benefits of the different types of steps you can choose for your pool project.
Here, though let’s talk about having inground steps constructed — as opposed to having metal steps or other step types.
Choose the best steps for your inground pool
- Inground steps are safer for those with mobility issues
- This type of step aesthetically “fits” the overall pool design
- They are durable (metal steps will eventually need to be replaced)
- Inground steps are made of the same material as your pool
- Ask about algae-resistant materials
- Beach entry is another method of an inground pool step — this design will take up more space in your yard.
Pool stairs can be added as part of a pool remodel or part of your new construction. If you’re considering making a change and adding pool stairs, give us a call before next swim season rolls around! Look at all of the advantages and disadvantages of all of the inground pool steps and make an informed decision. Keep in mind that it is more expensive to have steps constructed in the pool rather than using a ladder, but for ease of use and aesthetic appeal the cost may be worth it. Ask us to look at other projects we’ve completed so you can compare different styles and make the best decision for you, your family and the long-term use of your family swimming pool.