Yay! You and your family have decided that 2021 is the year you will become swimming pool owners! Congratulations! What now? You’ve hired the swimming pool construction professionals from Tipton Pools in Knoxville, Tennessee and wonder, how long will it take to build your pool.
What you need to know is that it’s not a question with a definite date or deadline BUT we can tell you, that on average it will take two to three months — eight to 12 weeks. We know that seems like a long time, and it may take a shorter amount of time depending on many factors not the least of which is the construction material you’re using for the project.
How long will it take to build your pool
Let’s break it down as to what happens and when so you can have an idea when you’re counting down the days until you can swim. Know, too that your pool contractor from Tipton will keep you apprised of the progress and are happy to answer any questions.
- The design phase can take up to four weeks. You will talk with us about the placement, the construction material, the accessories and so much more. The plumbing, plastering, electrical, landscaping and deck will be discussed during the design phase.
- It can take up to six weeks to obtain the necessary building permits — your pool contractor should help you with that step.
- The excavation can take up to a week. This will depend on how deep and wide and long the pool will be. Landscaping and any trees or other impediments to your pool will need to be removed. The weather can play a role in this too — if it’s raining there will be delays.
- Electrical, plumbing and steel will take up to two weeks to install and rout.
- Plaster, fiberglass, gunite will take another one to three weeks A fiberglass pool is the quickest because it’s just a matter of putting the structure into the excavated hole — like a bathtub!
- The custom features, deck and landscaping can be ongoing and could take up to four weeks depending on the complexity.
While this is certainly a very upper level description of the construction process it will give you an idea of the project and how long it can take. Your individual pool contractor can give you a better idea and keep you up to date on the process of the project.