Mosquitoes can ruin a party or night just relaxing poolside. They are annoying but more than that they can carry disease. When mosquitoes invade your backyard, the party is over. Ugh! What can you do to keep the party going find how to keep your pool area mosquito-free? The swimming pool contractors from Tipton Pools in Knoxville, Tennessee have some tips.
In some cases, there is no way to have a completely mosquito-free outdoor space, but you can take steps to keep them at bay and protect yourself from their stinging bites.
How to keep your pool area mosquito-free
Did you know that mosquitoes are attracted to the heat and sweat on our bodies? It just stands to reason that on a hot, humid day and night, they will swarm and you will spend your time swatting them away.
Here are some ways to protect yourself and your yard.
- Don’t have standing water. Yes, you have a swimming pool, but the pool pump and filter are running and that keeps the water from being stagnant. Look at birdbaths and other areas of standing water in your yard and eliminate them.
- Use a mosquito repellant. Know that if you do that and jump into the pool without showering it off, you will be getting those chemicals into the pool water.
- Use mosquito traps.
- Burn citronella candles
- Equip the outdoor living area with a bug misting system. This will keep a continuous fine mist spraying down to keep mosquitoes at bay.
- Keep the grass and weeds trimmed.
- Enclose your outdoor living area in a screened-in enclosure.
- If you use a pool cover, make sure there is no standing water on that.
- Hire an expert. He can talk about how to treat the yard to help eliminate mosquitoes. Make sure you let him know if you have pets in the house because you don’t want them exposed to toxic chemicals when they walk in the yard.
You may not be able to eliminate all mosquitoes, but you might be able to keep them at bay so you can enjoy time around your pool once the sun goes down.