The autumn winds are cooling off many parts of the country. Leaves are falling, hot tubs are seeing more use and hot chocolate and warm cider are beverages of choice for many. When summer ends, and autumn begins, the outdoor living space benefits from changing it up and adding cozy, heated blankets and fire features. how to make outdoor living space autumn-ready is something we talk with our customers about.
We have put together a list of items that will add to the ambiance and enhance the use of the outdoor living space this autumn. The swimming pool and hot tub contractors from Tipton Pools in Knoxville, Tennessee understand not everyone wants to shut the pool and not sit outdoors at all and that’s why they offer these tips.
How to make outdoor living space autumn-ready
- Pool and hot tub cover. We know we are a broken record with the use of this accessory. A hot tub or pool cover keeps the leaves out, traps heat from the water and keeps varmints from getting into the water.
- A heated towel rack. You won’t believe how luxurious it is to get out of the heated water and wrap yourself in a heated towel or heated robe. Trust us!
- Fire feature or another outdoor heating unit. If you heat the outdoor living space you may be able to use it year-round.
- Comfortable, autumn-worthy furniture and decorations including heated, cozy blankets. Patio lighting not only warms the area with intimacy but also keeps it safe for moving around.
- Don’t forget to safely store the items you won’t be using on the offseason. Those include pool toys, pool floats and even many of the pool tools. If you’re using the hot tub you will either need to keep the chemicals handy or hire a hot tub contractor to care for it on your behalf.
- Invest in outdoor television. Why not huddle up on the couch under a warm blanket, sipping mulled cider and watching football games? Plan an under-the-stars movie night with your children.
- Decorate the outdoor living space with autumn colors – oranges, yellows, purples and reds. Add mums or black-eyed Susans, sunflowers or maple cuttings to enhance the aesthetics of the space.
- Don’t forget to decorate your front door with a fall wreath. Welcome friends and family to your autumn home!
- Scents not only entice the senses, but they also bring back memories of autumns’ past. Cinnamon, pine, vanilla and your other favorite scent can highlight the time you’re spending in the outdoor space.
Talk with us if you want to get on a schedule for hot tub cleaning and maintenance or if you have questions about fire features this autumn.