If you own a swimming pool and have issues getting into out of it, we have tips on how to make your pool accessible for all. The swimming pool contractors from Tipton Pools in Knoxville, Tennessee work with pool owners to come up with ways to help people get into and out of the pool whether they use a wheelchair, canes or other mobility device as well as individuals who may have arthritis or hip and knee issues.
Because swimming is so therapeutic and getting regular exercise is important for overall health, being able to use the family swimming pool is the ideal place to do just that. When you have your own pool you don’t have to fight crowds to get to swim and you’re getting a workout that is great for your heart, can help if you’re recovering from an injury and do that all in a no-impact way.
How to make your pool accessible for all
- You could install a permanent or moveable ramp. These are ideal for those using aquatic wheelchairs
- Beach entry pools eliminate the need to climb up stairs or a ladder.
- If you have an in-ground pool, have a ramp installed that descends on a slow incline to make entry and exit to the pool accessible.
- With an above ground pool you may need to have us install an electronic lift.
- If you want to keep a ladder in your pool, look for one with closely spaced rungs and a wider step.
Reach out to us if you need assistance making your pool accessible for friends and family who want to enjoy time in the pool with you.