Is it too early to start planning for your 2022 swimming pool project? The swimming pool contractors at Tipton Pools in Knoxville, TN explain that there is no time like the present. How to start planning your 2022 pool project may seem like a daunting task, but it starts with determining how much you can afford to spend and then securing financing.
Don’t forget to not only add in the cost of repayment of the pool loan if you get one, but increases in your utility bills as well as the cost of ongoing maintenance.
Talk with us before you seek loan approval because we can work with you and give you an estimate for your unique pool project so you have a good idea of what it will cost to get the pool of your dreams.
How to start planning your 2022 pool project
What do you need to do to plan and finance your pool project? Here is a list to get you started.
- Choose a shape, size and building material as those will be the biggest factors in cost.
- What accessories do you want? Diving board, slide, beach entry, sun shelves, fountains or rock waterfall?
- The cost of construction permits and licensing that your municipality may charge.
- The cost of filtering systems, heating, lighting, running electricity to the swimming pool, sanitation equipment and other pool items necessary for the operation of your pool. Some of these items may be included in the initial swimming pool cost, others may be considered add-ons, ask your swimming pool builder for a complete breakdown on pricing so you don’t have any financial surprises. Opt for the highest level of efficiency equipment you can afford as that will pay for itself in the long run.
- Check with your homeowner’s insurance agent to see it a swimming pool impacts your insurance premiums. Will you need to buy additional insurance for the pool and against potential liability.
- The cost of excavation and landscaping. This might be included in the pool construction contract may be considered part of the contractor or may be an additional cost.
Start planning the project now so you don’t miss a day of swimming next summer.