There are so many things to consider when you’re talking with the swimming pool contractors from Tipton Pools in Knoxville, Tennessee and one of the biggest is what pool material should you choose? Concrete aka gunite? Fiberglass? Vinyl liner? The pool construction material will be a factor in how far your pool budget will stretch.
- Gunite is the most expensive
- Fiberglass is the middle ground
- Vinyl liner is the least expensive construction material
Of all the decisions you will need to make, the first and honestly the most important — once you have set the budget — is what the construction material is for your pool. Talking with a swimming pool construction professional will help you determine the advantages and potential disadvantages of each type of construction material.
The material you choose will also be based on:
- How much space you have available
- If you want a unique shape that will highlight your current landscaping
- If you want a pool that will potentially increase the resale value of your home — concrete is considered the best for adding resale value
- What is your budget — we know we have said it before, but it’s an important consideration
- How much time do you want to devote to cleaning and maintenance (fiberglass uses the fewest chemicals and is easiest to keep clean. Gunite, with its surfaces that are not smooth, can easily house algae spores)
What pool material should you choose?
Why do people choose concrete:
- It can be molded to fit your existing landscaping
- It is unique because if you dream it, you can probably get a pool designed to realize it
- They blend seamlessly into the environment
- A concrete pool is expensive
- This pool will last for decades without fading or the risk of tears.
What are some considerations for fiberglass?
- It is less expensive than concrete
- It is a long-lasting material
- The shapes are limited because fiberglass pools are molded at the factory and delivered, in one piece to your home
- They use fewer chemicals
- They are easier to keep clean
- They will fade
Let’s sit down and talk about the pool of your dreams, your budget and the unique features you may be looking for in your pool. We can give you the information you need to make an informed decision to help you get the pool of your dreams.