Can you imagine having a swimming pool that doesn’t use chlorine to keep the water clean? Can you imagine having a swimming pool that will allow you to use less chlorine than you do now? It’s possible. The swimming pool contractors from Tipton Pools in Knoxville, Tennessee tell you how to clean your pool with less chlorine if that is something you’re interested in.
There are many state-of-the art pool cleaning and sanitization systems and that makes it even easier to enjoy a swim without taking a soak in chlorine-saturated water. These new cleaning systems make it easy to enjoy the pool water without the side effects some people suffer when they swim in chlorine-treated water.
A saltwater pool is one way to purify the water and cut back on the use of chlorine to keep the pool water sanitized.
How to clean your pool with less chlorine
How does a salt water chlorination system work?
- It converts natural salt — think table salt — through a generator that creates a pure, efficient, non-liquid form of chlorine. This sanitizer integrates with the pool’s plumbing and filtering system and cleans the water as it filters through.
- You won’t feel like you’re swimming in the sea or ocean. Unlike a saltwater swimming pool, a saltwater swimming pool sanitization system utilizes salt in the generator to clean the water. The salt in seawater is about 40,000 parts per million, the salt in your pool after using a saltwater generator is about 4,000 ppm.
- There’s no need to buy or store any toxic chlorine at your home.
- You won’t have to deal with the red eyes, dry skin and potential damage to the pool equipment that could arise when you use liquid or tablet chlorine to sanitize the water.
- The pool should remain consistently gentle to swim in and that’s great for those families who have young children in the water.
- Saltwater generator cleaned pool water won’t fade your bathing suits or any furniture you sit on with a wet bathing suit.
You will pay more, up front, for a saltwater generator to keep your pool water clean, but you will reap the benefits in the long run and will even save money on pool chemicals. If you have questions about these systems, give us a call today!