Tipton Pools contractors offer summer swimmer skin care tips
Swimming is ideal for healthy living, but it can wreak havoc on your skin if you’re not careful. The swimming pool contractors from Tipton Pools explain that caring for your skin both before and after swimming and having your pool contractor make certain the water chemicals are properly balanced will help address any potential skin care problems.
One of the best reasons to be in your swimming pool — in addition to how much fun it is — is to soak up the sun’s rays and fill your body with Vitamin D. You will want to protect your family’s skin from any harmful rays and limit time in the sun when it’s blazing high in the sky because no one wants to suffer from a sunburn, right?
The American Cancer Society offers ways to keep your skin healthy all summer:
- If you’re not in the water, cover up your skin.
- Wear waterproof sunscreen and reapply when you’re done swimming and relaxing poolside. Reapply often. Use a sunscreen of at least 30 SPF (sun protection factor) higher if you want to avoid sun burn). Don’t forget to put sunscreen on your face, shoulders and the tips of your ears.
- A floppy hat will protect the delicate skin on your face
- If you’re not swimming, stay out of the sun. Spend some time in the shade.
- Remember, even on an overcast day it is still easy to get a sunburn. In fact, when it’s cloudy you won’t even feel your skin burning… until it’s too late!
Don’t let your summer fun get derailed by a painful sunburn. Prevention is the best medicine! Ask your pool contractor about poolside umbrellas or awnings if you don’t have an outdoor living area that is shaded.