What are the hot 2020 swimming pool trends? The swimming pool contractors from Tipton Pools in Knoxville, Tennessee say, you may want to think about trends, but don’t go too trendy because you may just not love that hot pink pool coping after about a year!
There are some trends in pool construction and remodeling that make sense — automation, changing up the coping or adding a unique spin with your pool tiles that make sense. If you want to show your love for your favorite football team by having its logo emblazoned on the bottom of your pool you may limit the number of buyers for your home — if you ever decide to sell — who will embrace that same team. It’s something to consider:
What are the hot 2020 swimming pool trends?
If having your own swimming pool is a trend, then that’s one we can embrace! If you have lived long enough without your own pool and have spent too many days of summer sweltering or stuck inside in the air conditioning, then a pool could be just what you need.
Here are some of the trends we’ve seen. You may fall in love with some of these, just make sure you’re considering any and all advantages and disadvantages before you, um, take the plunge!
- Rustic stone coping and walkways. These are beautiful and can be used for the deck, walkways and even for a rock waterfall structure. Oh yes, a rock waterfall is another trend you may want to think about.
- A dark interior pool color. Deep grays, blues or even black will help warm the pool water, give it a more natural feel — one where you can’t easily see the bottom of the pool, then a dark interior may be for you. If you have a dark interior, you will want to consider in-pool lighting for safety’s sake.
- Forgoing the “deep end.” Many families are now deciding not to get a diving board and are getting a pool that is all one depth. A single depth pool makes it easier for a workout routine that requires your touching the bottom of the pool and keeping your head above water.
- Sunshelves are ledges that run along the sides of the pool. With a sunshelf, you can lounge on it and not be fully submerged. You can even have a sunshelf that is wide enough to accommodate pool furniture. Toddlers can even enjoy themselves on a sunshelf (as long as he or she is fully supervised and wearing a life vest.)
- Automation and energy efficiency. Automation makes pool care quicker and easier between pool service visits. Energy efficiency will save you money on pool operations and on your household utility bills.
Are you looking to get into any of these trends with your pool? Whether you’re trendy or not, give us a call and let’s talk about your project.