If you have ever wondered why swimming is the best exercise the swimming pool contractors from Tipton Pools in Knoxville Tennessee can answer because they get asked this all the time.
Swimming is great exercise
- Low impact
- Great cardio
- Ideal way to go from couch potato to routine exerciser
Why swimming is the best exercise
Why should you swim?
- What health benefits do you want to reap
- Does it hurt to jog or run?
- Do you like the idea of helping your heart while undertaking a low impact sport?
- Does the idea of exercising in the heat of a summer day while immersed in the cool depths of a pool appeal?
- If you’re a runner who trains on a regular basis, and you need an activity that takes the stress off the joints, jump into the pool for cardio training.
- If you’ve been injured swimming can ease you back into your normal routine
- Swimming builds endurance, muscle strength, and again, cardio.
- Swimming burns calories at a rate of about three calories per mile per pound of bodyweight. If you weigh 150 pounds and it takes 30 minutes to swim one mile, you’ll burn about 900 calories in an hour.
- Swimming can be a social outlet – take a water aerobics class.
- Need to relax? Swim as a way to reap psychological benefits. Practice relaxation techniques while you swim. Focus on your breathing and your strokes.
Even if you don’t have a goal in mind, still jump into the pool and just enjoy yourself!